Router table and set up!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottGoddard

Established Member
Reaction score
So i bought a router table from someone on here a couple of years ago and just got round to setting it up! I bought the charnwood WO14 and then modified it to take a routalift from Axminster. When I bought the routalift it came with the bosch GOF 1300 ACE.

So, to the question. When i have the router lift all the way up the bit doesn't seem to come up very far. The example i have used is a slot cutting piece and it will only come up far enough to make a cut 5mm up the wood - is this correct?

I could lift up the bit a little bit not much...
Do i need different

i have attached some pictures.

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5454.jpg
    IMG_5454.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_5455.jpg
    IMG_5455.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178
Yes you need an extension, I bought my Router Raizer and Xtreme Xtension from Peter Seftona at Wood Workers Workshop several years ago and it's been excellent.

thanks, both....I have done some further reading and its also suggested to remove the springs from a plug router. Thoughts?

Yes, when you suspend a plunge router from its base the springs make it more difficult to raise - you can remove them unless for some reason the router doesn't have a depth lock, or you choose not to use it, in which case the springs would help maintain downward pressure and stop the router bouncing around.

I would always use the depth lock when routing. Yes in theory the weight is all acting down against your lift but without it you cannot guarantee accurate cuts

Back