• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

router table advice please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first router table and I have couple of Bosch routers,I have very little knowledge of either can anyone advise a router table that would be suitable or not as the case may be.

wcndave

Established Member
Reaction score
If like me you don't want to have to keep taking your router off your table, and fixing it again, Machine Mart do a Woodstar table with router built in.

It's also really easy to raise / lower as it has a wheel on the side for this, which i always found a pain with most router tables where you mount your own router.

although you can get router lifts and so on, you can end up spending a lot on a table.

The woodstar is not the best quality, but for about £150 is value enough, I am only using it for perhaps one hour every fortnight, so it's the perfect compromise for me.

Otherwise Rutlands seem to always have a sale on a couple of very (they say) popular tables.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
wcndave":j4nrsqp1 said:
If like me you don't want to have to keep taking your router off your table, and fixing it again, Machine Mart do a Woodstar table with router built in.

It's also really easy to raise / lower as it has a wheel on the side for this, which i always found a pain with most router tables where you mount your own router.

although you can get router lifts and so on, you can end up spending a lot on a table.

The woodstar is not the best quality, but for about £150 is value enough, I am only using it for perhaps one hour every fortnight, so it's the perfect compromise for me.

Otherwise Rutlands seem to always have a sale on a couple of very (they say) popular tables.

Many thanks for that info, I only need the tool for small jobs now and again so that sounds like a good comprise.