Router Table Adventure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriAJW

Reaction score
Hello to one and all....new to the forum and would like some opinions on router tables. Theres probly a load of posts already but...
*Which router table offers best performance for 200-300 quid?
*Has anyone used or thought about the Trend Mrk 3 craft !? erm table?
Really need some input as i've just returned a Jessem table to the area of rutl**ds (not nessesarily the tool company)
Had the items delivered and it was damaged.....returned.....not sent when they said they would but sent again....still missing parts and damaged.....returned finally and called it quits after a baffling experience with a company i've used quite a bit in the past!? didn't want to start with a negative but hoping some one can point me to a product and supplier without the problems. :lol:

Tria,

Get yourself a couple of square feet of 10mm thick aluminium.
Take it and a pattern from your router-base, to an engineer. Tell them what you would like, in the way of a plate. (Try to incorporate reducing rings so you can accommodate a wide range of diameters of cutter. ) For £200.00 you should get a Rolls-Royce job of a router plate! (I doubt it would cost that much mind.)

Once you have your plate, fit it into a shop-made router table. There are plans galore on the Forum.
I use a router overhead, or by hand only. It keeps all the crud out of the delicate areas of the router.

Best of luck

John :)

Back