Router side-fence.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Been having a flick through some of my routing books, and they recommend using 2 side fences attached to the router when working on narrow stock.

So, wih this in mind...does anyone know a supplied of side fences?

Thanks,
Mark.

Welcome, Mark.

At the risk of revealing the Scottish ancestry again; make one. A block of wood with the necessary holes for the fence rods and a couple of screws/bolts/wingnuts to keep them secure, then a second piece screwed on underneath to act as the fence if you need to have it below the base plate (if that makes any sense at all). So easy to do, even I bothered :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Guys,

The routeer is the 1500W JCB affair from Argos.
I'm quite pleased with it so far!

I've got Scottish ancestry too Alf...I'm from Glasgow!
Yeah..I guess you could quite feasibly knock something up...but I was thinking that a lot of these fences look so similar and if you could pick one up for under a tenner somewhere it might be well worth it!

There's my Scottish nature coming out too!

Mark.

Fair enough. I think we probably need the fence rod diameter and the measurement between centres in that case. Or is it just me that doesn't keep these measurements for all available router makes memorised? :? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

You will find that most router fences will fit fine but I can't be sure as I've never seen the JCB router. Have you got a picture of your router/current guide fence?

Back