Router plane cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomashenry

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have been given a Stanley 71 1/2 router plane. It came with one 6mm cutter. I'd like one, maybe two more cutters with larger blades. I was wondering if the Veritas cutters sold by axminster would fit? Anyone have experience of trying this?

I'm pretty sure this has been answered on here before, probably by Derek Cohen, and that the answer is yes.

thomashenry":fufpch3d said:
I'm lucky enough to have been given a Stanley 71 1/2 router plane. It came with one 6mm cutter. I'd like one, maybe two more cutters with larger blades. I was wondering if the Veritas cutters sold by axminster would fit? Anyone have experience of trying this?

Yes I have recently fitted a Veritas blade to a Record 071 and it works fine. The Veritas ones are thicker than the old Stanley and Record ones but there is quite a variation in shank diameters, they do fit though. I know some people grind their own blades from Allen Keys too.

Back