Router Maintenance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
I have a little Katsu router (bought after the recommendations on here) which normally gets very limited use. My current project required me to give it more of a workout than usual and during this it started to make a 'poorly' noise and then stopped. It wasn't particularly hot so I didn't think I had burnt out the motor and I checked all of the electical connections which were fine. I extracted the contactors to check them and one of them was coated with carbon dust which I wiped off. I re-inserted them and gave it a test and everything was good to go. This seemed like a fairly easy fix but it made me think that I should probably do more thorough maintenance. Can anyone offer advice about this? I did consider blasting it out with a compressor but I don't want to push the dust into areas it shouldn't be.

It's all i ever do when I remember and the compressor is running, not had any problems

There isn't much you can do apart from blowing the dust out.
Any other problems like bearings should be easy to spot, noise or stiff to turn should've obvious.

Pete

Back