Router lift idea - may be of interest to someone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the max capacity is 5kg (~50N), I suspect this will only work with lighweight routers.

I haven't measured it, but I suspect the spring force on a typical plunge router is more than 50N...

Yep - works with my 1/4 cheapie router in a home made table - difference is I bought the lift from Banggood for about 6 quid! It's a bit of a fiddle to use and the plunge has to be locked at the height - BUT it makes getting the cutter into position simple.

I'm saving up for a proper table with a lift operated from the top of the plate!

Works with my cheap 1/2" router which probably weighs around 4 kilos (a rough guess). Also cost me around £6 but from AliExpress. Also need to lock the plunger but I use the router table so infrequently that is really isn't a hassle.

Gary

Need to take into account airflow if the vents are at the top of the plunge router being used. If the air vents are at the top of the body (when used as a plunge router) when inverting and resting on the plate of a scissor lift the vents will be blocked which could lead to the motor burning out. I learned the hard way.

If using one then I'd advise putting some raised supports either side so there's a gap.

Attachments

• 20220513_085829.jpg
    20220513_085829.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220513_085841.jpg
    20220513_085841.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 0
I use one with my Craftsman router. Make sure you get the stainless steel one, the alloy ones are very flimsy.

Back