Router lift compatible with T11

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huddsgent

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently bought the Axminster AT254TS table saw work station; the right hand side of the cast iron table is machined to accept a router insert plate or lift. I already have a Trend T11 router which I'm happy with, however, does anyone know of a router lift that will accept the T11?

Do you need a lift with a T11? I thought that model had height adjustment from below, which means that you would just need to fix the router to the plate and drill a hole to get to the adjuster.

Yes, you're right, however, I'm disabled and only have the use of my right hand, so being able to adjust the height from above the table would really help me. Also, these legs of mine are in their 66th year!

But isn't that what it does? You would mount the router upside down, so that the adjuster is facing upwards, accessible from the top of the table. I may have misunderstood what you mean, in which case I apologize, but I looked at the T11 for this very reason and thought it was ideal for above-the-table adjustment without the need for a separate lift.

Look at woodworkers workshop, they do a good range of very nice, well engineering lifts and you are probably looking at the Jessem Prestige like myself which will accept the T11 amongst others, it is pre drilled.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/c...-router-lift-rout-r-lift-prestige-metric-lift

@Spectric Thanks for linking to my website, the Prestige is an excellent lift and the T11 will fit in to it, but @Huddsgent please check the insert plate will fit the cast iron table top. JessEm plates are made to the American standard size (235mm x 298mm) this plate also has the lowest profile of all the router lifts 14.5mm in total. Life is made easier if you add Muscle Chuck the Type 2E, this fits the T11- Dewalt 625 and gives a little (E) extension making one handed cutter changing from above the table a pleasure.

Please let us know if you need any assistance, cheers Peter

The ujk lift from Axminster will accept the T11, I have just fitted a T10 to mine

Attachments

• 0A042D45-95C2-4A32-81E6-932F14DCF238.jpeg
    0A042D45-95C2-4A32-81E6-932F14DCF238.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 9B6E78F4-522B-4139-8E8A-7BA370865410.jpeg
    9B6E78F4-522B-4139-8E8A-7BA370865410.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 19
But isn't that what it does? You would mount the router upside down, so that the adjuster is facing upwards, accessible from the top of the table. I may have misunderstood what you mean, in which case I apologize, but I looked at the T11 for this very reason and thought it was ideal for above-the-table adjustment without the need for a separate lift.

Yes. I have a T11, purchased specifcally for that reason. I use a Trend router table, but any insert with a hole in the correct place should remove the need for a separate lift. This Trend insert plate would be worth looking at.

For the chap that has limited mobility it still means reaching underneath to change bits.

but with lift and an extension it can all be done form above the table.

For the chap that has limited mobility it still means reaching underneath to change bits.

but with lift and an extension it can all be done form above the table.
Why?

The T11 surely is made to adjust from above the table and with an extension collet which is pretty much essential with most routers the cutters can be changed from above.
I have a DeWalt without the facility so use a router Raiser and extension collet, If I had T11 I certainly wouldn't have bought the lift.

Or have I missed something obvious?

A muscle chuck would certainly make life much easier for him. A single hex wrench and no locking the router.

I think you are thinking like I used too, why a router lift when my router, in my case a Triton has that feature. Well I have lived with that arrangement for some time and it has worked ok but once you have handled a lift such as Jessem / Incra and seen the accuracy and more importantly the repeatability then at some point you make the switch. To set my height I use a digital caliper and always adjust up but it is never as quick or smooth as these lifts can deliver. This is where you have or can have a dilema, if starting out from scratch then I think the AUK and Jessem lifter is probably the way to go but if like me you already have a router then it swings the cost equation in the other direction and you go for the Jessem prestige. I will be using a modified Triton Tra001 & Jessem Prestige in the near future because with the muscle chuck it will not need any extension to get above the table, you must remove the collect lock mechanism.

There is one downside that once you get the precision of a decent lift you may think it will be nice if I could also adjust the fence with the same precision and now you start a journey that @MikeK took and end up with an amazing setup and big dent in the bank balance. The Incra system is really precise and could be classed as over engineered but very hard to find anything to beat it Router Fences & Positioners

I'm puzzled too. I have the Trend Pro router table and Trend Router.

From what I can see the principle of raising and lowering the router is exactly the same as if I had a lift fitted to to my table.

My Trend Pro has a hole drilled in the top for placing the adjuster in so you can raise and lower the Router for what ever purpose, from the top. The lifts use the same principle.

If my understanding is correct, and to save a lot of money, all this gent has to do is get a suitably sized hole drilled in the router fixing plate. He can then use the T11 adjuster as it was designed to do; from the top. This would also get his router to a height that he can change bits as the router plate is around 10mm (My Pro table is 8mm thick so roughly the same). Be aware some lifts plates and router table plates, whrn combined, can be well over 10mm, meaning you might then have to have a collet extension for certain working applications (something to avoid if possible).

It would be good to hear back from the gent who raised this question as I hope we've all understood correctly.

From what I can see the principle of raising and lowering the router is exactly the same as if I had a lift fitted to to my table.
Yes that is the obvious assumption and one that I made. It is probably a case of what you have not had you don't miss and so don't change. These routers were primarily designed as a plunge router and perform this task admirably. The built in lift ability is an afterthought although it works reasonably well and you have to accept it may take some fiddling to get the height you wish. I have lived with this method on my Triton for some time but have got to a point where I need accuracy that is repeatable, not teasing a handle to get the height required and then having to lower and retry as I overshot the setting . I always raise to the height and never lower as it ensures any slack in the system is taken up.

Have you ever felt a Jessem lift, they are engineered to a standard that surpasses a router, using high quality linear bearings for the columns and a precise lifting screw arrangement that feels precise and repeatable. The objective of using a router lift is to make the plunge router nothing more than just motor and collet to hold the cutter, you could just buy the AUK but as I mentioned in another post this option is only financially viable if you don't already have a router for just table use otherwise just buy the AUK system and lift.

Latest posts

Back