Router Insert - Interested?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been collected about an hr ago - expect them to turn up some time tomorrow.

Dibs

p.s. Got stuff to do this evening, so will probably be in touch with the remainder tomorrow.

Hi Dibs

Insert plate arrived this morning! Thanks for all the time and effort you have put in.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Dibs

Arrived safely this morning at 8.15 with a curious delivery driver wondering how a smallish packet could be so heavy!

Many thanks

A word of caution, please check the fit of the inserts on the plate when you get them as mine don't fit properly. I have tried knocking off any machining marks with a file but none of the inserts fit correctly and it seems to be the hole in the plate that is not quite circular as all the inserts get stuck in the same place.

It is not far off but and can probably do it with a Dremel but worth checking to see if it just mine that has this problem.

Gareth

On most if not all, I tested all the rings\discs that went with each plate. Some did get a bit of a thump. Admittedly might have got a bit bored\tired packing them all and skipped one or 2. Are your's aluminium or steel?

I have some spare discs\rings which I can send you if yours don't want to fit.

Dibs

Hi Dibs

Thanks for the offer

Mine are steel and I have tried pounding them in with a rubber mallet to no avail. Not sure it is the rings but the hole that is incorrect as all the rings snag in the same place if I file the plates they will only fit one way, better to get the plate fixed so it is round. Also the rings are a perfect overlay if I hold them together.

I will try and fix the plate but I don't have much in the way of metalworking tools but it is not massively out so should be fine.

Mine were the same but after filing the small blip off the side of both rings they fit fine.

Could it be the steel was so cold when it arrived and needed to warm up a bit to expand?

After ten minutes on the radiator they just fall in and out.

Mick

MickCheese":1h4hgf7a said:
Mine were the same but after filing the small blip off the side of both rings they fit fine.

Could it be the steel was so cold when it arrived and needed to warm up a bit to expand?

Mick

I filed off the blip as well, thinking that was all it was but it didn't work.

My garage is typically cool, I am sure I could heat the plate and the insert may drop in but then it reached the same temp it may be too tight a fit.

cutting42":35xua2m1 said:
MickCheese":35xua2m1 said:

Mick

My garage is typically cool, I am sure I could heat the plate and the insert may drop in but then it reached the same temp it may be too tight a fit.

Do you have a dremel or something similar? Or even the "stone" type bits?

Dibs-h":1kepggur said:
cutting42":1kepggur said:
MickCheese":1kepggur said:

Mick

Do you have a dremel or something similar? Or even the "stone" type bits?

Yes I do have a Dremel with a kit of bits and will give it a go.

Mine arrived ths morning with no probs, although when the missus texted telling me I had a delivery I thought she meant the baby we're expecting that's now overdue :shock:

The rings fit fine for mine after filing off the blips,

Cheers for all the effort Dibs Much appreciated.

=D>

Dibs

The plate arrived this morning. Thanks for your work in organizing this. I bet you'll be glad when this is finally finished.

Thanks again

Trevor

Dibs-h":hwfr071g said:
Steel
1. Orcamesh
2. shipbadger

Aluminium
1. Cutting42
2. Studders
3. Marcros

Either
1.??

Add your name to the above list please.

Dibs
Hi mate,
If you can workout a price for postage Dib-s Im ready to take deliverl of my router plate now mate from the last batch of plates.
Regards Tim

Plate arrived today. All looks ok so far. Not had a chance to check my rings but my plate is aluminium.

Plate rec'd and many thanks for the considerable effort involved in arranging all the various elements of this project.

Machining leaves a bit to be desired but nothing that can't be remedied with some judicious filing I'm sure.

Back