Quantcast

Router help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

jimmybigfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have found the erbauer ERB381ROU router for 149£ in screwfix. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the trigger has a lock so it can stay on as it will be permanently attached to a router table? If it doesn't can anyone advise on an alternative for around the same price?
Thanks Jim

Pete Maddex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Jimmy

£149 for an Erbauer, I would get a secondhand Makita 3812c or Hitachi M12V, both cracking routers,
I have both and use the M12V in my router table because of its slide on/off switch.

Pete

siggy_7

Full time tool collector, part time woodworker
Reaction score
For around that sort of money, for a permanent table mounting, I'd definitely be on the lookout for a Triton TRA001 (2000W) or MOF001 (1400W). Both have coarse and fine height winders and above-table bit changing with an automatic spindle lock when the full depth plunge is reached. The MOF001 also has an above-height table winder, I think some of the newer versions of the Triton (TRB001) also have this feature - see Triton Tool's UK site. I was lucky enough to find my TRA001 for £99 as a clearance item, and for the money I can't fault it, although it is really too big and heavy for hand held use.