Router for table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an older style Record router table. I have a Bosch Gof 1300 1/2" router but thought I may get one dedicated to the table - what are your recommendations? Are the tritons any good? I will be setting up one of those scissor jack arrangements for adjustments as the table is fairly basic albeit very solid.

Triton TRA001 is a good non expensive router that works well in a table, been using one now for many years. There has been a lot of discussions on these forums so have a search and you will find a lot more info.

+1 for the Triton. Had one ( TRA001 ) for years in my table. The Triton doesn't need a router lift as it has one built-in. You just need to drill a hole in the table for the handle which comes with the router. If you go for another make check that it will be easy to change bits while it is mounted in the table.
Nigel

The Triton doesn't need a router lift as it has one built-in.
I agree and have been using it for some time but it cannot be called precise. Also you still need to use the knob to raise it quickly to either change the bit or roughly set the height as the handle is slow. If you set it and then do all your cuts there is no problem but if you have to come back to run another length then reseting is a pain, it only requires a slight error and the end product if a length of moulding will stand out. But this is how I have used it for several years until now where I want a more accurate and repeatable method without any fuss. There is a good discussion on this but in brief, as I have the Triton then my best option is the Jessem prestige and a muscle chuck JessEm Rout-R-Lift Prestige (Metric) with Undrilled Mounting Plate

But if starting out without a router and setting up a table then the more cost effective option is this, JessEm Mast-R-Lift II (Metric) with AUKTools 2400W Fixed Base Router Remote Speed Control and NVR

Ok initially you will like I did think thats a lot of money but when you sit down and add up the other options it closes the gap to around £100 mark.

Just picked up an older style Record router table. I have a Bosch Gof 1300 1/2" router but thought I may get one dedicated to the table - what are your recommendations? Are the tritons any good? I will be setting up one of those scissor jack arrangements for adjustments as the table is fairly basic albeit very solid.
I have just sent you a private message

Latest posts

Back