Router for router table.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just shelled out for a Trend CRT Mk2, now I just need the angry spinny thing to go under it. I'm not sure my aged B&Q cheapie would be the best bet for this use!

Can anyone suggest a suitable router? Unfortunately I can't splurge many hundreds on a Trend T9; ideally I would be looking for sub £100, (the more sub £100 the better!), but I would be guessing fine adjustment and an extended height adjuster would be something to look for?

Thanks all

Hi Vormulac,

Take a look at this thread to see my cheap B&Q router in a Trend MK 1 table, with home made (sic) height adjuster :D

Vormulac":wzhie8r3 said:
Ingenius! :D

Don't go telling Dave that. He'll only go off inventing lots of other things. :lol:

Then Tony will start with even more jigs that we all think are ingenious and on it would go. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":21ff7luj said:
Then Tony will start with even more jigs that we all think are ingenious and on it would go. :roll:
<shudder> I know it's Halloween this weekend, Neil, but really!
YYicon57.gif
Some prospects are just too scary... :shock: :wink:

How about a Freud FT2000VCE? Does anyone have any experience with this model? Or indeed Freud in general (not including anything involving lying on a sofa talking about your mother, that is...) :wink:

I was going to recommend the Freud to you, but I thought it was too far over budget. It is well thought of on the forum as a table router, and appears to be the cheapest 'professional-level' 1/2" model.

See the excellent review here by Mike (& Noely)

NeilCFD

It certainly does look like a desirable piece of kit (I can tell that from the fact it was well out of my price range)!

I'm hoping to pick up a decent condition second hand one and wondered if it was worth the dosh - looks like it probably is :)

Thanks guys.

PS
Great review, by the way.

I have a Freud 2000E and I'm very happy with it. I mounted it in a homemade router table and it does the job admirably. I saw an article on the web describing how to remove the plunge springs, which would make it a lot easier to wind up and down when inverted in a table. I haven't done that yet because it is my only decent router at the moment and I use it freehand occasionally. I may be able to find the link again if you want it.

Wulf

Cheers Wulf, I'd appreciate that :)
I think I'd follow your example and keep them in place for the time being, but still a handy thing to know.

V.

Alf":183hhyap said:
Newbie_Neil":183hhyap said:
<shudder> I know it's Halloween this weekend, Neil, but really!
YYicon57.gif
Some prospects are just too scary... :shock: :wink:

Soon as I get some decent time in the workshop my latest wonder jig will be presented on this very forum :p :twisted: :twisted:

V.

I managed to find the link eventually, it wasn't where I thought it was - sound familiar? (If you use Google to search for Freud you get a lot of weird references to psychoanalysis and very few for the tool company! I wonder how Sigmund would have interpreted a dream about plunge routers...)

http://www.routerworkshop.com/mark1.html

Wulf

Wulf,

no doubt it would of been interpreted as a deep sexual angst like everyrhing else siggy frood interpreted.

All that plunging, sheesh what else could it be

Sig

Tony":1pi43ap8 said:
Soon as I get some decent time in the workshop my latest wonder jig will be presented on this very forum :p :twisted: :twisted:
Sheesh. You turn your back for five minutes and look what happens...
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back