Router Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonA

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy peoples,

I was just wondering what most of you do for dust extraction for your routers? Do you use a small dedicated extractor or do you hook it up to your main machine? I have a Scheppach extractor and wondered what kind of results I would get pipeing that into the top of my router(a DeWalt 621k)

SimonA

Hi SimonA

I use a Trend T30AF extractor for hand power tools (Router and Sanders) - and leave my Perform extractor connected to my Maxi Combi machine.
I tried using the Perform on my Sander (Metabo 450) - no where near as effective - have not tried on Router but would expect simular result.

John

I believe a dust/chip extractor relies on high volume/low suction so when the inlet is reduced in diameter the volume is reduced also, therefore less suck.I tried it on my system but my shop vac was far superior.

T30AF, the dogs what its.

Rgds

Noel

Simon.... DC set up depends on how I'm using the router. Hand held, I hook it directly to the shop vac, powering the router through the vac's PTO. For router table use, I connect the shop vac to the dust port in the fence, and hook the DC to a 4" port under the table. The DC doesn't extract too much chippings, but it helps keep the router cool.

I also use a Trend T30AF.

I find it very useful. Being able to plug the router in to the T30 and start the dust extraction when I start routing great. I did try the Wickes Earlex vacuum copy but found the filtration a bit lacking.

Charley, how do you connect the PC router to the dust extractor? I don't think I received any kind of dust extraction kit with mine.

I use an old wet & dry aquavac that has already been used for clearing up the building debris from 2 house renovations. Both that and the router plug into a socket gang controlled by a single NVR switch so that they come on and go off together. Freehand I either use the extractor pipe that came with the router (bosch) or a flat wide nozzle I made up clamped/taped to the workpiece, and in the table I've got a couple of guards i made up that have extraction holes built through. Using the smaller of the 2 hoses that the vac came with gives a fair speed of air movement so it picks up the dust even from a couple of inches away.

Tony":2scm8cgm said:
Charley, how do you connect the PC router to the dust extractor? I don't think I received any kind of dust extraction kit with mine.

I've never used the PC/Flex with the Trend30 as it spends all it's life in the router table but it has got a built in dust extraction connection and I got a dust cup with mine which attachs to the bottom of the router.

I use a £40 Karcher wet and dry vac - more than capable of collecting dust off my power tools and generally cleaning up the workshop.
I do have to turn two machines on but somehow manage to cope with the hardship :D. Especially to save myself £100 over the T30.
Cheers
Gidon

Latest posts

Back