Router Elevator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skydivermel

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning All,
I'm about to embark on my first router table build. I already own a Makita RP2301FCX and having trawled around the web it appears there is a vast choice of elevators. Although having said that Finding one to fit my router appears a little more difficult as I'm not too keen on drilling the plate.

Is there an elevator that will fit my router, or anyone already got on fitted. Any advise on brand, make, or general advise would be much appreciated.

Mel.

Its very easy to drill any plate, it just needs very carefully centralising before drilling. Router raisers are very expensive kit though.
If you bought your makita new, you would have got a long machine thread screw with it. That is a router raiser for your table.
Just fit the router to the plate, drill a hole for the threaded bolt and youre done.

If youre going to drill for the adjusting screw, plan well. Measure it all out, and then measure it all out again. If you misdrill the adjuster hole it will bind and not lift the router. Cant remember exactly how I did mine now, 6 years is a long time ago at my age :cool:

Latest posts

Back