Router cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for some router bits, the first I have bought for myself as previously have been using those from work. I wondered if anyone can recommend a  brand, not really sure of a budget but good quality, value for money cutters that keep their edge well would be good. Any ideas would be great then I can have a look round. Not really after a set as I'd prefer getting them as and when i need them so I don't end up with a load of randoms that don't get used. 
Thanks alot. 

the rutlands sets are said to be good value when on offer- depending on you needing what is in the set of course.

Thanks very much everyone for all the replies.

The majority is pretty clear though infinity are definately also worth a look.

The radian ones look fantastic but i can't afford to spend £60 odd everytime I want a router bit!

Hi

Just wondered what people thought of the more expensive infinity and trend router cutters in comparison to the ones at wealdons. For example I need a keyhole slot bit, the ones at wealdons are the cheapest at £10, then £20 from trend and infinity. Are the other two worth the extra money and which would people recommend over all 3? Still Wealdons?

Also, although not for this job what are silverline like?

Thanks again in advance

fraser":1n1a37tt said:
Also, although not for this job what are silverline like?

I bought one in a hurry on the way to a job, used it to cut in some hinges on an oak door. It wore away the tungsten to the point that its probably not even worth sharpening. Pretty poor but may be OK on softwoods if its a cutter you use now and again.

I've had a few cheap silverline ones and used infrequently on softwoods they are 'ok'. A good cutter is a good investment. I believe one of the forum members was having a clear out of some top quality trend ones that are brand new. I'll see if I can find the post.

Went for Wealdons, here next day and pleased with the quality and the price. I understand infinity and trend might give a better finish but these were fine for what I wanted this time.

The only reason I mentionned silverline was because there were some going cheap on ebay but I gave it a miss.

Wealden are good.
Trend pro ones are good too. Not so much the craft ones they seem to wear fast.
Overall best I think are CMT.

Never tried the blue ones at rutlands but often tempted by their offers.

Ollie

Hi there.
Trend and Titman are top quality items and are certainly worth the small increase in price. Silverline are also totally fit for purpose where price is of main focus.
The biggest cost saving is to select the right tool to the job.

We offer foc advice and anything between 10-25% discount off all Trend, Titman and Silverline products.

Back