router cutters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hi

where's a good place to buy 1/4" router cutters? online if poss...

TIA

Nicholas :?:

Axminster do the Perform (budget) and CMT (bit more expensive) ranges.

There website doesn't show many (any :) ) individual cutters, just some sets. Best request a catalogue, as that has a good selection of both ranges in it.

Doc

One thing to note, Rutlands sell the whole range of Trend cutters at 20% off! :lol:

Go to the Trend site and ask for a catalogue, (it was free) or down load the details you need, then order from Rutlands.
The Trend site has some quite useful information that you can down load for free.

DaveL

Go to the Trend site and ask for a catalogue, (it was free) or down load the details you need, then order from Rutlands.

The Trend site has some quite useful information that you can down load for free.

With all due respect, Rutlands may well be cheaper than Trend but as you say the Trend web site has some useful information for free. If we all take your advice there would be no Trend site.

This type of thinking is wrong IMO

Nick

You can't actually buy any equipment from the Trend website, only a few Trend 'goodies'. They only sell through stockists, and hence they can charge what they like. Trend probably advertise the 'recomended retail price', which is usually considerably higher than the price you pay from their stockists.

Nick,
I was trying to stop people going into the big sheds and paying the 'Recommended Retail Price'.

I have bought Trend stuff in B&Q, paying full price :evil: because I needed it that afternoon.

I have bought Trend stuff from Marshall & Parsons, a good tool shop in Essex, normally at a discount :) on rrp when I had time to travel (and the will power not to spend every penny I owned).

The last Trend stuff I bought was from Rutlands, at 20% :D off rrp.
This was shipped by Trend direct to me, so how is buying at a discount from Rutlands harming Trend's business :?:

I would suggest that Rutlands are prepared to make a smaller mark-up than other outlets, in order to take a bigger share of the sales.

This is a quote from the Trend site:

"Please note that our routers, cutters and accessories are not available through our On-Line Store. These products are sold through our network of retailers in the UK and overseas"

Check here: http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/store/

(Marshall & Parsons are shown as major stockists on the Trend site.)

Regards,

DaveL

Trend are OK cutters, but they are bloody expensive.
Try wealden tool. They actually make the cutters, and supply them. And yes they are equivilent quality to trend (I actually found them to be better sometimes)

http://www.wealdentool.co.uk I think?

Doughnut

I don't know about their quality, but 1/4" router bit sets are often auctioned on-line at www.ebay.co.uk
Photos of the open boxes are shown, usually no brand names, but prices are good - e.g. 15 bit set closed at £9 (retail price claimed £29)

Jim

Latest posts

Back