Router Cutter Storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering what solutions people have come up with for storage of their router cutters??
I am now on my 3rd home-made storage box and it's now full - time for a 4th. Every time, I think, "That'll be big enough for all the cutters I'm likely to ever buy". And it never is.
The box is becoming rather big now, and I don't just want to make another only to find it needs replacing in a year or two. (Could just stop buying cutters, but where's the fun in that!).

So if anyone else has a bulging router cutter collection, let's see how you store them!
Thanks

Offcut of 25mm MDF with holes for 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2" cutters in a shallow draw.

Jason

in packaging in loads of drawers today, but...

I have nearly finished my NYW router table which has 4 drawers specifically for holding router cutters by the shank. Pictures will be posted when completed of course :lol:

tony only four drawers :wink: or are they three tier drawers :lol: :lol: :lol:

A couple of boxes and some in original packaging in a cupboard. Half the fun is in the search :D

Bean

I have tried several methods and now use a couple of the plastic "slabs" sold by Trend with about 100 holes, ( a mixture of 1/2 inch, 1/4 inch and 8mm holes - or at least holes suitable for those sizes of bit).

These things were very cheap when I bought them and it beat drilling all those holes in MDF or somesuch.

I first used a block of wood but when it swelled on a damp day, I was unable to get any of the bits out and ended up splitting it with a chisel. I also found that there was some light rusting on the shanks of the bits, so I dumped wood as a solution.

Original packing was a no-runner after I had more than about a dozen bits. Chipboard worked for a while but when I ran out of space I used MDF for the next one and then I spotted the Trend plastic ones and have found their arrangement of holes the most useful.

Latest posts

Back