Router bushings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening everyone

Do any of you know whether ujk bushings are a universal fit for most routers? Any of you have any luck pairing one with a makita?

Cheers
Peter

Evening everyone

Do any of you know whether ujk bushings are a universal fit for most routers? Any of you have any luck pairing one with a makita?

Cheers
Peter

If you buy them from Axminster, you'll see the recommended accessories on the right are all Leigh guide bush adapters. You'll probably be able to find one for your Makita among them.

Any of you have any luck pairing one with a Makita?

Which Makita?

For the RT0700-style trim router (plunge base required) and its clones, the Katsu ones work well. They come with the adaptor for the router base plate and are available in both imperial and metric. They lack the 14mm one in the set above. If I needed a 14mm bush, I'd turn up a brass or nylon 66 tube and slip it over the 10mm one.

The UJK bushes are the same as Trend except Trend have two mounting holes and UJK have four but both fit the Bosch GKF 600 directly, the Dewalt 625 and the Trend T10 with the adaptor plate supplied. Makita seem to have gone in another direction and is one reason why I think I have not used them. They do have other good points but standard bushes does not seem to be one of them.

This article may shed further light GUIDE BUSHES PART ONE - THE BASICS - Wealden Tool Online Resources

The brass threaded guide bushes are turned rather than pressed from steel, turning will give you a more consistent and accurate guide bush
What are the advantages of this system of threaded guide bushes compared to the ones just screwed to the base?
The threaded guide bushes are turned brass rather than pressed from steel, turning will give you a more consistent and accurate guide bush, also they can be used in our JessEm Lifts or plates opening more machining possibilities. Our AUKTools set also comes with two knurled nuts meaning you can have two routers/tables set up at once-something we are doing this afternoon on our routing course.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/jessem-insert-rings-1-3-8-for-standard-guide-bush/
Getting some very good and insightful 5 star reviews...

Cheers

Peter

So what adaptor is needed if you want to use these threaded guide bushes instead of the standard trend type, that way you have a set of bushes for both the handheld and the table?

So what adaptor is needed if you want to use these threaded guide bushes instead of the standard trend type, that way you have a set of bushes for both the handheld and the table?
You would require the suitable Leigh adapter for your router, I have three adapters that fit my Festool OF1010, Dewalt 625 and Dewalt 621/622 some of these are interchangeable across other brands Elu and Trend to name just two. I can now use my brass guide bushes and brass inlay kit in a series of routers or router tables.
IMG_3264.jpeg

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for all your help everyone. I actually popped into North Shields Axminster today and found myself a 30mm makita bush which fits directly onto my router base so all sorted.

Many thanks
Peter

Latest posts

Back