Router Bushing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo-Star

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Girls

I've recently purchased a woodpecker shelf pin template for a project that I'm doing. Unfortunately the jig arrived without a guide bushing of the appropriate size, and try as I might I cannot find a 3/8" guide bushing anywhere. I've come across sets that include the size that I require for now, however reading the reviews on these items are not good to say the least.

Can anyone advise me on this

Thanks

You need to find a supplier of 'merkin bushes as they will be imperial. Woodpecker stockists should have them for the normal screw in guide bush style but depends on your router fitting too.
If you have access to an engineering lathe then its an easy turning job to make your own.

Hi Guys, Girls

I've recently purchased a woodpecker shelf pin template for a project that I'm doing. Unfortunately the jig arrived without a guide bushing of the appropriate size, and try as I might I cannot find a 3/8" guide bushing anywhere. I've come across sets that include the size that I require for now, however reading the reviews on these items are not good to say the least.

Can anyone advise me on this

Thanks
I assume you're talking about the US (Porter Cable) style ones that attach with a threaded ring? You can get imperial guide bushes from Trend (and I think Axminster) but you'd need to get the appropriate base/adapter.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/products/woodpeckers-shelf-pin-template-combo
If you bought the template from Woodworkers Workshop, the boss (Peter Sefton) is often to be seen on this forum but why not email him for advice?

Thanks for your reply woody

Yes I've seen those KATSU sets online, those are the ones who had bad reviews, tried AXI, Rutlands and looked at trend, was hoping not to fork out and buy a new base plate also. I have 3# routers, so I'll check the model numbers and hopefully get/find one that is compatible, as Its not an addition that I'd use a lot of at the moment, as in buying a set and base plate that is.

Thanks again

Back