router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albal59

Reaction score
Hi there i am trying to find out what is the best flush trim router bit for use on a fixed router table to template a heart shape --spiral upcut or down cut.looking forward to the help cheers folks

I tried to order from them but they won't ship to Italy. I wanted an up down shear trim.

Their website states they ship to Europe, but I'm not surprised that they won't ship to Italy. When I was having commercial deliveries sent from outside Europe to Italy, the success rate for items arriving at the destination was about 75 percent. For those that did arrive, the processing time through customs was about 90 days 50 percent of the time. Some U.S. vendors refused to ship anything to Italy (and a few other countries).

We learned that it was faster and easier to ship to Germany for customs clearance and then truck the shipments to Italy ourselves.

I live here so I’m well aware if the problems. I went to my local post office this morning to pick up a couple of tuffsaws blades I ordered and had posted on. They were sitting in an envelope on the shelf, I could see them. They have been in Italy since the 24th, 3 days in customs, but she wouldn’t give them to me until Wednesday, the day the computer says they will be available for collection.
Having said that I have only had 2 losses since 2012. A parcelforce delivery that was sent on 25th November, and still shows in tracking 5 months later, and a handmade genno from the US. I told the guy to insure it but he said he’d make me another if it failed to turn up. The double jiffy bags were empty when it was delivered.

pgrbff
same as here....can only get stuff from Germany now...or Poland etc....
easier to get it sent to family then re post it to Peterbo then we have a transport comp that delivers to Greece once a month.....
PS....whats a genno.....?

pgrbff
same as here....can only get stuff from Germany now...or Poland etc....
easier to get it sent to family then re post it to Peterbo then we have a transport comp that delivers to Greece once a month.....
PS....whats a genno.....?
Genno is a Japanese hammer. I have continued to buy from tuffsaws and pay VAT twice but there has to be a limit. Plus I left the UK for Ireland back in the early 90s and don't have any family left other than my sister-in-law. Her husband is in his 80s and doesn't appreciate being woken up by couriers.

Have you watched this video? look 9:24 in for some useful info on how to choose upcut/downcut or compression (both). Router fence and Spiral bits, China Tools Ep.31 - YouTube

You need to be mindful of how you will be using them i.e. handheld or router table. I bought a couple of non-bearing upcuts from Aliexpress 6,8,10,12mm, Upcut Spiral Router Bit, 1/2 and 1/4 Shank|router bits 1/2 shank|bits 1/2shank router bit - AliExpress and used the 12mm upcut in my router table the other day and it performed extremely well. They look exactly like the flush trim bits Denis demonstrates from Banggood but without the bearings.

Hope that is useful

Back