Router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all, just looking on ebay for non existent router bit bargains and I came across Rennie cutters. Just wondered if anyone had used these router bits and how they stood up to normal wear and tear compared to say Trend or Wealden, definitely not for use in a production workshop, just my tip of a garage. Regards

I've used Rennie cutters their own solid carbide they make are fine, but their tct cutters are very rough looking, I guess Chinese.

Thanks both for your replies, you pretty much sum up my feelings about cheap router bits and drills in general. I just wondered about Rennie as I hadn't seen them mentioned on the forum. Regards all. john

I would only buy what you need for the current project and buy Wealden. This can be frustrating if you need a cutter in a hurry but it pays to wait and Wealden provide a fast delivery, usually next day. That said I have bought several 1/4 inch Erbauer from Screwfix when I needed them in a hurry, and they have performed ok.

I have used them & would use them again although I have only used them for bits for the CNC machine, absolutely nothing wrong with what I have bought all the bits are still working fine but not had enough use to gauge how long they will last & if they are good value for money.

Ebay, buyer be very aware! With decent cutting tools you don't often find bargains, I use Wealdon, Infinity & some CMT and no problems.
Used to buy Wealdon and CMT, but find that now the Chinese ones found on Aliexpress do the job just as well. Years back the cutting edges were not always symmetrical so they were like single bladed ones, but the modern ones are obviously CNC produced, and of good quality at very affordable prices. Since delivery time can be over 6 weeks, I order regularly profiles I think will come in handy. And freight costs are negligible, so win-win all over. Just love those small packages in the mail :)

Back