Router base / guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

Followed a link to the new Woodpecker multifunction router base which looked ok, Woodpecker stuff always looks good and is well made but I dug a bit deeper and looked at what others had said and many talked about M-Power products being as good but cheaper. In particular this is what it is

https://www.mpower-tools.com/product/crb7-combination-router-jig-mk3-mega-bundle/
Has anyone here used one or can say that it is useful and not just another gimmick like so many kitchen accessories? Looking at their info at lot can be more easily done on the router table but for some task like triming edging, grooving panels and cutting circles it may be ok. I did think it would be ok for stopped mortices which can be troublesome on the table.

I think if it had a dedicated router for it and was always set up I would definitely use it a lot. I watched the vid again (seen last year some point) there a good features I forgot about too. The twin fence to make grooves on edge of door for intumescent strip and drop seals.

Hi

Yes that is a good feature but for that you could just use two std fences on the rails, I have seen a video with a Dewalt 625 setup like this. I am currently looking through several router books to see if this item delivers anything easier than mentioned in the books, will post if I find anything.

The only bit that really struck me as handy was the offset foot to prevent the router tipping when machining an edge...might have to find a way to incorporate that myself as the majority of it looks rather easy to self fabricate.

Back