Router Base for Guide Bushes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedman

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon! My question is about a router base to fit my Triton JOF001 router to use with an inlay kit. There are stages to this so hopefully I can get this right!!
1. It appears that there isn’t a specific Trend base for this model (not that I could find) so I’m looking at the Unibase to fit this.
2. Has anyone used the Leigh adapter for this model, and if so how did you find it
3. I have found two inlay kits, one from Trend and one from Whiteside. The unibase fits the Trend kit but I wondered if the Whiteside (screw in type) fitted the Leigh adapter? Has anyone used either or both and would you recommend one over the other.
Hope this isn’t too complicated and look forward to the advice as always

Good afternoon! My question is about a router base to fit my Triton JOF001 router to use with an inlay kit. There are stages to this so hopefully I can get this right!!
1. It appears that there isn’t a specific Trend base for this model (not that I could find) so I’m looking at the Unibase to fit this.
2. Has anyone used the Leigh adapter for this model, and if so how did you find it
3. I have found two inlay kits, one from Trend and one from Whiteside. The unibase fits the Trend kit but I wondered if the Whiteside (screw in type) fitted the Leigh adapter? Has anyone used either or both and would you recommend one over the other.
Hope this isn’t too complicated and look forward to the advice as always
I can't answer your questions but I have had this lying in a drawer for a few years. I picked it up at a car boot for £4 but never used it. Found it was missing the 16mm centre finder. If it is any use to you, you may have it plus the postage.

P1040237.jpgP1040238.jpg

I can't answer your questions but I have had this lying in a drawer for a few years. I picked it up at a car boot for £4 but never used it. Found it was missing the 16mm centre finder. If it is any use to you, you may have it plus the postage.

View attachment 112564View attachment 112565
Thank you!! That’s a yes please! Please can you PM me your details for me to settle mail costs! I’ll answer with my details!!

Why did you not consider the Triton bush set, is there something wrong with it beside it being imperial?

Why did you not consider the Triton bush set, is there something wrong with it beside it being imperial?
I did look at this, but it didn’t seem to allow me to fit the inlay kit that I’ve been looking at. I needed something that allowed the screw-in guide bushes.

I note from your previous post that you want to use the Leigh screw in guide, I eventually sold on my Triton Router as the safety interlock drove me nutty, and bought a Draper Expert router that the Leigh guide fits straight in, also the perspex base, as in see through, and the three work lights in the base made the Draper so good I bought a second to enable continued working without stopping to change the bit or guide, and just in case, the Leigh dovetail jig is the RR for dovetails.

Last edited:
Back