Router alphabet kits - different fonts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at making a new noticeboard for the allotment society and want to make a sign for the top of it. Looking on the tinterweb there doesnt seem to be any options for decent fonts - just the rather simple-looking one done by trend.

If I wanted something a bit more classy, is this a hand-carved or CNC job?

Something like this:
http://www.noticeboardcompany.com/Shop/ ... -Door.html

You could always make a router pantograph and follow a printed font of your choice ... possibly?

I can't help I'm afraid, but I'll be watching with interest. I've looked for different fonts a few times with no luck. Im hoping the cnc machine will be sorted at work soon. It's a very small one, but big enough to make my own fonted pieces.

why not print is out in style size of your choice, stick it on the wood then cut it by hand with a plunge router.

Well in the end I've purchased the SignPro for £45 plus delivery from Rutland as it was in their sale. Not sure what the difference is with the slightly cheaper sign crafter model which looks identical, I think it's just extra letter templates.

So of anyone would like a sign do let me know!!!

Hope to make a start before Christmas so I'll try to do a Project thread.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sign pro is better as you get 2 sizes of letters 1.1/2 & 3" worth buying an extra set of letters in both sizes as you need to use the same letters twice but they do give you a few extras as well of the most used letters

Back