router advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just bought a Katsu plunge base for my superb Makita RT0700C trimmer.
A bad decision: the quality of the Katsu is dreadful.
I had read that that might be a problem but ignored advise to save (several) pennies . . .
It does work but you would think the bit that matters, the plunge mechanism, could be made
to plunge smoothly.
Who knew cheaper wasn’t better. It’s as if you get what you pay for ...

Made the same mistake myself and wish I had spent the extra few quid. Will I ever learn?

I did the same, Katsu plunge base. Terrible. Bought the Makita 0700 version instead which the Katsu fits right into - almost as bad, sent that back too. Sloppy, had tilt in it, etc.
Ended up buying an Elu 97 instead, it might be old but the plunge action is lovely and crisp with no slop I can detect. The Katsu lives in it's fixed base and is great for what it can do.

I have just bought a Katsu plunge base for my superb Makita RT0700C trimmer.
A bad decision: the quality of the Katsu is dreadful.
I recently bought a second Katsu plunge base. Like yours it has proven to be a disappointment, especially as the first one was quite good. My 110 volt Katsu motor has recently died as well - a combination of the speed controller working intermittently and the lower bearing getting noisy. Oh well, time to return to the RT0700 and dust off my one remaining 110 volt MOF96e

Back