Rotozip/Omnisaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

HI
Iam thinking of getting a Omnisaw for work, I do a lot of studwalls and kitchen fitting, all the adds for these saws say it should be a big help :?
I have never used one of these tools before,
If anyone has used them can you tell us how you got on with it.
Mick B

I can't speak for an omnisaw, but I bought a rotozip and it has been great, I had a couple of projects that no other tool would accomplish but the rotozip....it isn't something I even use very often, but I definitely will keep it handy for those odd situations...IMHO

Oh by the way, I hear some complain about not following a line and hard to use and all that, but just like with anything it takes a little practice, what you can accomplish with it overrides any learning time.

Thanks for the help HI HO :D , One thing that dose bother me is the bits, do they snap a lot, or are they stronger than they look :?:
Mick B

I noticed if you run them too long and they get hot and with a lot of pressure, they will snap, but that is user error, at least on my part. They seem pretty strong and an advantage, if an area gets dull, you can adjust the foot and move to an unused part of the bit, kind of like putting a piece of wood under your work to get to a new area on your scrollsaw blade. :wink:

I also have a Rotozip, and can recommend it wholeheartedly. It's a brilliant little tool and as long as you 'let the tool do the work' - the bits hold up just fine. As soon as you start getting impatient (as I do!), it performs less well. I have no trouble following a line, as long as I take my own advice!

Thanks for the help, it sounds great :D , one for the christmas list i think :)
Mick B

Well I put it on the xmass list, :) Then I was told B&Q have got one out :?
The same thing but has router base, flexey shaft, and other bits and is only £60 :? :? , has anyone used it :?: Sounds great, Its there power pro range, I have there router & table, sander, jigsaw etc and all have been great. Trust B&Q to put a spanner in the works just when I had it sorted.

BTW There jigsaw and circuler saw both come with lazer guide now and they havent put the cost up that much (tipical) :(

Mick B

Well Santa missed my list this year :cry: Had to go to B & Q today and desided to get myself one.
They have 2 of them, a 500 watt and the 700 watt (oops sorry the 701 watt). the 700 comes with more stuff than the 500 but had no price on it (dont you just love it when they do that) :x . looked before xmass and it was £60 and i gessed it would be the same, Well shocked and happy when it came up at £39.50 :lol: :lol: :lol: the 500 costs £50.
Havnt had a chance to use it yet but it looks great, takes about 10 seconds to change from saw to a router with a 6mm collet that you can angle if you want :lol: :D :wink:
Mick

Back