Rotating laser levels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster are offering one of these for £39 odd. I have always thought that these might be good bits of kit but I also expect that you get what you pay for.

Can anyone advise if they have one (or similar) what the pros and cons are at varying price points?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

I have a cheapo one - less than 30 quid from a shed - which I have used for horizontals and verticals right around a room. It has a motorised (battery) head so it can produce a continuous line, and an adequate adjustable tripod. Seems fine to me. You are welcome to come and look-see and play if you want.

Cheers,

Trev.

I've got one of these. The advantage over some of the others is that the prizum is on a pendulum and therefore self leveling provided the tripod is set with the bubbles. the ones that look more like a spirit level are only as good as the bubble.

Not much good for outdoors as you can't see it in bright sumlight.

Jason

JasonB":3uijx6bh said:
the ones that look more like a spirit level are only as good as the bubble

Thats what I thought.

Shame the prism one only extends to 1.3m - have to stand it on something for wall cabinets.

Trev is yours bubble or prism?

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Mine has all the adjustments set in the head. There are two spirit levels for horizontal adjustment and one for vertical. The tripod doesn't need to be on level ground as the adjustment is done on the head once it has been mounted on the tripod. I have used it in the garden on a bank, tripod set with two long legs and one short leg (sounds a bit like cricket! :roll: ) without any problem at all. Another advantage of adjustments within the head is that it can, of course, be used without the tripod, e.g. on a worktop, or atop a box or an outside wall.

It came complete with a pair of 'red' glasses, which make the spot or beam much easier to see in bright daylight. It has a range of up to 30m - so 60m diameter, just enough to go around your workshop! :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Back