Rotary tool variable speed control foot pedal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiley65

Established Member
Reaction score
In need of some help im trying to find a variable speed foot pedal for my dremel but all of the ones i have found so far are not uk spec,or costing a fortune which i cant afford to be honest ,any help would be really great,i had found one on ebay but for what ever reason although i had put item in my watch list its no longer there i have tried looking through ebayuk again but cannot find it

I have to ask why you feel you need a variable speed?
I've had my dremel for over 10 years now, never felt the need to vary the speed once i start using it.

Amalgam fillings are very hard and need a slower speed. (hammer) :shock: :lol:

But my dremel has an infinite speed adjuster built in.
set the speed, do the work. 8)

Hi bob,i have been watching some you tube content from different people and they suggest using one when carving wood,and as im trying to learn how to it seemed a good idea thanks for your input

I would suggest you start with just the tool. if you find you need a variable speed later, all well and good.
Bear in mind that almost all you tube "instructional" video people rely on sponsorship of the tools they use.
Personally I cant see the need. If you slow a dremel down it stalls and overheats the motor, if you make it go faster than the cutting tip was designed for you just burn up the tip.

I've abused my dremel on many occasions, trying to make it act like a grown up tool, the tips have always failed with my misuse.

Back