Rookie Help Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi everybody, just found this brilliant site, could anyone advice me on a good Biscuit Jointer, I've just got bitten by the woodworking bug and am looking to purchase some tools, im looking to spend upto about £120 will this be enough for a quality tool.
Thanks Rockhopper

Hi Rockhopper

Welcome to the forum

We have had a few threads discussing the virtues of biscuit jointers and a site search will turn them up. Rule is that cheap ones have poor fences that flex, fences that don't lock in place very well, the blades tend to move about due to end float and the depths and widths of cut tend to be wrong too.

My only recommendation is that you don't buy a cheap one.

I went down this route and then spent about £140 on a Freud which is a direct copy of the £300+ Lamello (rolls royce of biscuit jointers) .

See HERE

My Frued has been superb and has no deficiencies at all - came with a nice can of very light oil and tools in the case too which was a nice touch.
Based upon my experiences, you will be very happy with the Freud.

I got mine from a local shop and thus played around with the fence etc. before buying

Thanks for the quick responses, I'll trawl through all the links but the freud sounds like a good bet, confusing trying to suss the good tools from the bad but this site helps no end.
Im in Arnold.

After lurking on this site for amonth or so I bought a Makita from my local dealer. V. pleased with it, a well made piece of kit. :D

Hi Rockhopper,
I also live in Arnold/Redhill and I've got a Bosch biscuit jointer that I'm well pleased with ,had it about a year now,and i think you can get one for roughly that price. If you want you're welcome to come round to give it a try and see what a jointer will do ?

Welcome to the forum, Trigger.
smile.gif

Cheers, Alf

Hi Trigger

Welcome to the board.

Trigger":2r42a2m1 said:
After lurking on this site for amonth or so I bought a Makita from my local dealer. V. pleased with it, a well made piece of kit. :D

I've also got the Mak and I've been very pleased with it.

Cheers
Neil

Thanks eveyone for the advice and the warm welcome, hopefully Santa will bring me a biccy Jointer for xmas.
Redhill red I might take you up on the offer of having a play with your "tool". Judging by your user name you must be suffering like me at the moment, can things get any worse at the City ground.

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

I only wish I'd discovered this forum sooner, it would have saved me wasting money on some naff tools.

Cheers
Trig.

Latest posts

Back