roof shingles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real wood

Established Member
Reaction score
Im going to build myself a new large shed at home over xmas. Im wanting to put a shingle roof on it like om tommys ultimate workshop. Ive also heard about metal shingles too. These are large sheets that look like tiles.

Does anyone know where you can purchase these and how much they cost.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

You may wish to check out your local yellow pages under roofing material suppliers such as Asphaltic, Sheffield Insulation and the like.

I must admit that I have not come across metal shingles similar to the bituminous shingles used by Tommy Walsh, however I have seen metal cladding formed to look like shingles. Again this type of material would be available through your local supplier although most likely to order.

It may be worth a phone call to Ash & Lacy, heavily into metal cladding, on 0121 525 1444 to request a copy of their brochure. Bradclad over in Harrogate may also be worth a call on 01423 779555.

Good luck with your search.

Karl

Hi there

I bought Tegola shingles when I did my workshop. And I think I bought them from these guys: http://www.matthewhebden.co.uk/tegolaintro.asp

I had to cover 40 sq meters and I seem to recall it cost me 250-350 quid with the delivery inc.

They look fantasitc, glad I spent a bit more on these. From the house they look more like slate than asphalt shingle. Went on really easy as well. Took my old man and myself a day to install.

They have a tar strip underneath, rip off the plastic that covers it then lay them down and nail them. Sunshine should be enough to melt the tar strip in the spring to seal it down. Although a more professional approach would have been to heat it as we laid them I suspect.

I'll post some pics of the finished article if you would like to see them in their full glory.

Rob

For the metal shingles check out e-bay on the roofing section. A company on there is selling them, not a bad price either.

Latest posts

Back