Roller slides!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
I now understand why ball bearing drawer slides are so popular after doing some drawers for my workshop using standard roller slides. Absolutely pain in the rear to get nicely aligned fronts with the play in the slides themselves. Grrr.

Rant over, got the job done and I'm mostly pleased with it but I'll be using ball bearing or wooden slides from now on!

I have always found the basic drawer runners a bit more tolerant than the ball bearing variety.Particularly with regard to the drawers being dead square and exactly parallel.

When youve overloaded the drawer by about 3 times its recommended weight, thats when you appreciate ball bearings the most . =D> =D>

It's the ability to open the drawer to its full depth, in my view, that makes the ball bearing slides worth using.

Coming soon: I'm building a 500 deep sliding platform which pulls out 700mm from a 550 deep unit. I doubt that would be possible with anything other than ball bearing sliders.

I've got the drawers on the other side of the saw bench to do still so I might do those with ball bearing slides to compare.

Latest posts

Back