Roku Streaming Stick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I decided to treat myself to a little gadget today that I foolishly thought would enable me to get online media into my workshop via Wireless technology .... how wrong could I have been.
I bought a Roku Streaming Stick that you basically plug into the back of your TV hmdi socket and using included USB lead plug that into a spare USB socket, basically a plug and play device BUT after following the instructions which tell you to
1: Plug Roku into TV
2: wait until Roku identifies a wireless connection
3: sit back and enjoy watching your Youtube videos etc
Managed to do 1 and 2 but so far no sign of number 3 working even though i linked my Home Hub and set the Roku to the Home Hubs Password.
Has anyone else got one of these and managed to get the sodding thing working?
My setup today was using my BT Home Hub 4 linked a Samsung TV and tried it from the other end of the house and also in the same room as the wireless hub and each time the TV/Roku identified my wireless connection but wouldn't go any further.
Would love to get it working but haven't a clue and even by following ALL the instructions on the Roku/BT websites still no joy :evil:
Any tips would be most welcome before I cut the sodding thing in half on my bandsaw grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cheers I'm off to let my blood pressure go down lol
Brian

not got a roku but it's a consumer item so can't be that hard.If I am to help I'll need to know more about what you have achieved. WHat do you see on the TV screen ? I presume you have switched the TV on and onto the HDMI input channel which the roku is plugged into ?

Take this to PM or email if you want

Back