Rogues' Gallery Picture Submissions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one or two of these posts need to be deleted......
I'll see if I can find a suitable image. They are 750 other missing pictures of members, by the way.....

Noel

Newbie_Neil":2tssvfjd said:
Noel":2tssvfjd said:
There are 750 other missing pictures of members, by the way.....

Ah, but it's not as much fun as baiting you. :wink:
Plus the 750 other members didn't say earlier in this thread, and I quote:
Noel":2tssvfjd said:
So, don't be shy, stick some more true likenesses here and they can be submitted to the new thread.
[-X :p \:D/ C'mon, Noel, you're letting down Team Mod here... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Noel":2thlh47e said:
Steve M has raised a good point - what's the ideal image size. Noel

Sorry, forgot to respond on this info.

Currently the images displayed in "Rogues' Gallery" are set to 200 pixels on the longest side.

Submit for quality not size especially if it is a group that will need cropping.

A matter of seconds to do this end and it allows for a little tidying up of unwanted backgrounds if necessary.
(note that Adams wife jumped off the snow mobile for my shot and the skier behind moved away.- Karl and Tony lost Steve from their Warwickshire shot & Devon Woody came out from behind the screen at Yandles)

well here is 1 of the gang - woodex 2005 8)

thegangatwoodex.jpg

then there is an earlier one of me "at work ! " :oops:

memakingthevitrines.jpg
[/img]

then this is 1 hell of an example of the intarsia work at the show - WOW ! :tongue9:

piccieinveneer.jpg
[/img]

that's all folks 8)

Devonwoody first left and the wife with Australian woodwork forum members 2005

ukworkshop1.jpg

A very happy crowd they were as well. The host Alexs is not in the picture owing to the problem that he was holding the camera.

drawde-DSCF0004.JPG

I hope this is right, if not you are looking at text & a space where my photo should be.

Mod edit for image code tweak. :)

There seem to be 750 plus very shy people out there somewhere, come on lets have a few more pics, PRETTY PLEASE.

CHJ":1lxuwuj9 said:
Gill its that hillbilly "murican"

Yeah, but he's friendly :) .

What a massive (and well constructed) bench :eek: ! Or is it a trick of the camera?

Gill

Gill":3h2nv9i8 said:
CHJ":3h2nv9i8 said:
..snip..
What a massive (and well constructed) bench :eek: ! Or is it a trick of the camera?

Gill

Judging by the Tool Chest and other things in picture it looks like at least 2.2 X 1m although the wide angled lens and lack of a known dimension makes it all guesswork.

(come on David size, wood type etc. just for the curious)

Jeesh guys. I don't very often go showing off. didn't think about the bench when Isent the picture. The bench is about like charley said I think. its 42" wide by 96" long. The top is 2-3/4" thick maple and walnut and sets on a 4"x4"frame and panel base. It has 4 vises, the end vise, tail vise, the one on the end and another on the other corner. i confess to being a little female here and not being able to make up my mind. So I just did them all. IT sets toward the middle so I can work all around it. Its patterned after a shaker style bench from the Bench book. The picture is a year or so old. Cause its in the old shop.. My new shop sets on 6 acres with the house. and is 30 Ft x 60 ft.
One reason I like this forum is Iam amazed at how well ya'all get along in your shop. Especially with all the regulations (bummer) THere was one regulation when I got into this one. You had to have one outlet and a light bulb working before they gave you an ok on your electric panel. (200 amp)
Sometimes I think I would like it better with a smaller shop. Caught Gills shop, I like it. But I have to make a living out of this one. Not an easy thing over here and gittin harder. I do live 1-1/2 mile from a saw mill. So I use a lot of 12 foot and longer lumber
i'm doing my best to try and support that Rob Lee guy. I think he might have a greedy streak in him :lol: . he sures know how to run a business.

If Ican get through the instructions on how to post a picture . i will show you my latest bench project. its a 4x8 power tool bench. The ideas come from all the other benches i've seen. It works well and is way different

Ya'll be hi grade!!

Charley
Nice Beemer( right). How do you like it. Does the Mrs. ride too.?
Must have spent a lot of time in the shop making something to pay for that thing. :)
I collect and restore old Bultaco dirt bikes. had to quit racing couple years ago. Spent a lot of time on Norton Commando's and Royal Enfields back in the "days"
Really should show a pic of your teeth after you ride
:D

SlimShavings":39t235sp said:
Charley
Nice Beemer( right). How do you like it. Does the Mrs. ride too.?
Must have spent a lot of time in the shop making something to pay for that thing. :)
I collect and restore old Bultaco dirt bikes. had to quit racing couple years ago. Spent a lot of time on Norton Commando's and Royal Enfields back in the "days"
Really should show a pic of your teeth after you ride
:D

Hi Slim, No its not me, I posted this pic. of Brian just to indicate that I had put his pic. in the Rogues Gallery after I spotted it in another thread. You will also see he has anothe little run-about.

Nice Bike though, I only ever got as far as a Norton Dominator which had to defer to four wheels when the family came along in the 1960's, how I wish I still had it.

Maybe Brian will be along to fill you in on the details, assuming he is still talking to us after catching his pic. for the Gallery.

Thanks Charley
I gotta know if Brian made all this money working wood. Cause I need the secrets :D Or maybe these are just his golf carts :D

Back