Rocking horse pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
here are pics of rocking horses i make sold my first one saturday at craft fair

apologies as one pic bit out of focus !

Attachments

• rocking horse.jpg
    rocking horse.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 709
  • rocking horse 2.jpg
    rocking horse 2.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 709
  • rocking horse 3.jpg
    rocking horse 3.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 709
all pieces cut using hegner scroll saw the maine is i got from local sewing shop i wanted something tight for safety and fits really well

glue and screwed together had a coat of olive oil to bring grain out then child safe varnish, the maine is fire retardent ( held under flame for one minute and didnt ignite stuck using uhu solvent free glue and is solid.

Well done Mac. That is a nice rocking horse and I would imagine you have no shortage of buyers, it has immense appeal and I can see children falling in love with one of those. Nice finish as well.

thanks for the encouragement chippygeoff ! it by no means perfect such as the quality of some guys on here but to the untrained eye it looks ok its is very strong i even had a go myself with feet of floor !

there is no way you can tip right over forwards or backwards trust me i tried my best to do it !

i was quite pleased for a first try and learned a lot about best way to assemble and what dimensions are more crtical than others.

as you prob know i looking at ways to speed up the cutting process as lot of parts are twinned i got some double sided tape today and going to have a go tomorrow before i go to work in afternoon ,( although i just had order for a couple sets wooden words so got to do them too!) at two pieces together i tried the tape and seems very strong but very thin i dont mind if i get a feather on underside of top piece as i put small chamfer all way around edges for safety and comfort

i let you know how i get on

mark

Back