Rocking Chair - The Finale!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit Trev, he'd probably just had enough time to get his head back to a more normal size too... :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Just seen your rocker Absolutely beautiful piece of work and well matched with your account of how you made it.

well done that man

Drew

Hi Chris

I have been following your journey from the beginning and all I can say is that you have produced a masterpiece.

You're daughter must be overjoyed.

Well done
Neil

What a superb piece! Now what was the address of the UK version of the Smithsonian? :D :D :D Jaco (remember to log in, log in ...... :oops: :oops: )

Thank you once again for the kind words. As Alf says, just as I was getting back to normal, my head gets all inflated again!

Shadowfax - yes my daugher does seem to be pretty pleased!
Waka- A certain WW mag editor did contact me a while ago. I am waiting to get editorial guidance from him - so no promises but you may just be able to see it in a mag one of these days

Hi Chris,

Picture of 'your' chair in this month's issue of Good Woodworking.
Chair presented to H.R.H. Prince Charles by Hal Taylor. :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev,
Thanks for the heads up, I shall get a copy. I was planning to meet Hal at the Chairs 2004 conference at Westonbirt which he attended - unfortunately my car broke down on the way there and I couldn't make it in the end. Hal did say he was giving the chair to Prince Charles - hope he likes it. Perhaps I should send him a card saying if he wants more like it then a certain British maker could supply on the right terms..

Hi Chris,

Should clarify my earlier posting - there is a picture of the chair (it looks nearly as good as yours) in the mag. and reference to HRH, rather than a picture of the presentation.

I'm sure HRH could do with a few, and of course he would be able to pay you well! I'm sure, in any case, he would prefer 'Made in Britain.'

Cheers,

Trev.

Superb piece of work Chris, I can imagine you are well and truly chuffed with it and I'd say go ahead and make more as I'm sure you'd find plenty of willing buyers!

Latest posts

Back