Robot mowers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morag Jones

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this would be just the job to give me more time in the workshop. It worked brilliantly last year then this spring it has gone T/U.

Have narrowed it down to the PCGB on th docking station. Ordered one, with you on Wednesday they said. 2 weeks later called and ‘factory lost your order, we’ll get it out to you next week.’ Another 2 weeks no joy. Called again several times and always ‘call you back’ or supplier closed for holiday’ eventually they admitted they could not supply and 6 weeks later I’m left without a docking station and pushing a Flymo again. I cannot find one anywhere online.

So be my question is, do you think this is a temporary situation down to Brexit/bird flu/Boris/other emBuggerances? Are there clever chaps out there in sheds who can fix things like this?

The model is not so old and is still available (Bosch Indego Connect 400).

Thanks if anyone can help.

Sadly I didn’t get round to setting it up for 9 months and then it lasted just over a year. Think it will be beyond guarantee…. I’m sure someone will be clever enough to fix electronics.

Which variety of robot is it? My secondhand Worx Landroid seems to be running fine, and their UK agents do try to be helpful. (having said that, goes to window to check in case it's decided to die on me, or got itself wassled up in something)

Hi Morag,
I assume you have eyeballed the PCB for any sign of dry joints/damage/overheating, ideally with a magnifying glass.
Do you have a meter that you can use to check obvious components and PCB fuses?
Other than that I guess it will be a switching power supply which makes fault finding harder.
Do you know what it outputs? If there isn’t any clever communications between charger and mower, it might be possible to replace with a generic charging circuit.

Sadly I couldn't find a Bosch mower forum, that's the place I'd go for user support and expertise.
Can anyone search better than me? Best bet after poor customer service

www.roboter-forum.com is a very good forum. It's in German, but Chrome/google will auto-translate it ok.

I have several robot mowers. Haven't replaced a PCB yet, but several minor parts. Usually a workshop manual can be found online. I wouldn't be without my Husqvarna.

Back