Robinson ET-E fence swivel?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrison85

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, just got this Robinson ET-E sliding table saw delivered a few weeks ago and have yet to wire it up and try out. Was wondering if timber would bind on the blade when in this position? Never seen a rip fence swivel before, has anyone seen or had any experience with this sort of thing?
Many thanks
Dan

Attachments

• ET-E-fence.jpg
    ET-E-fence.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 169
I have zero experience with the ETE, or with using a fence that swivels. However I have seen people clamp a straight edge on a similar angle to their tablesaw to cut an ogee...

BLOG_TS_Cut.jpg

Dan,
Exactly what J. Vilbert said above. I've done this to plow out some material before cutting six inch crown moulding. You need to be patient and take a bunch of passes with very slight cuts. On most of the American saws, the fence face is stationary. There is an arc for a set screw on the right side of the fence. You rotate the entire fence and use the set screw to pin it to the table at the proper angle. Here's a picture of one of my Tannewitz sliding table saws with that fence arrangement:

6018-B.JPG

-Arthur

Thanks for the tips, guess angled ripping needs to be practiced with caution aswell. Hadn't considered forming moldings on the saw though, a little daunting no doubt!

Hi Dan,

Not sure if you are interested, but I was recently given a manual for the Robinson et/e. She looks like a lovely machine (I have a Stenner ABM which has many similar features, although I would love the braking mechanism). Anyway my reason for posting was to see if you would like me to scan a copy for you? Hopefully one day someone will see my Stenner post and do the same =P~

Cheers,

Camo

Back