Quantcast

Robinson ET-E fence swivel?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Harrison85

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, just got this Robinson ET-E sliding table saw delivered a few weeks ago and have yet to wire it up and try out. Was wondering if timber would bind on the blade when in this position? Never seen a rip fence swivel before, has anyone seen or had any experience with this sort of thing?
Many thanks
Dan

Attachments

J. Vibert

Reaction score
I have zero experience with the ETE, or with using a fence that swivels. However I have seen people clamp a straight edge on a similar angle to their tablesaw to cut an ogee...

theowwm

Reaction score
Dan,
Exactly what J. Vilbert said above. I've done this to plow out some material before cutting six inch crown moulding. You need to be patient and take a bunch of passes with very slight cuts. On most of the American saws, the fence face is stationary. There is an arc for a set screw on the right side of the fence. You rotate the entire fence and use the set screw to pin it to the table at the proper angle. Here's a picture of one of my Tannewitz sliding table saws with that fence arrangement:

-Arthur

Harrison85

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, guess angled ripping needs to be practiced with caution aswell. Hadn't considered forming moldings on the saw though, a little daunting no doubt!

Camoz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Not sure if you are interested, but I was recently given a manual for the Robinson et/e. She looks like a lovely machine (I have a Stenner ABM which has many similar features, although I would love the braking mechanism). Anyway my reason for posting was to see if you would like me to scan a copy for you? Hopefully one day someone will see my Stenner post and do the same =P~

Cheers,

Camo