Robert Sorby Pro Edge Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc1

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright,

This is my first post so I'm not sure if this is the right category of the forum to post this.

The release lever of the sharpening belt seems to be struggling when releasing the tension to change belts, I mean it's completely struggling and sticking half way, I've only had the machine for 2 months, I was guessing it was a problem with the belt tension spring but I have no idea. Has anybody else come across this problem? Can any body help?

Cheers

Can you see the mechanism or is it completely shielded even after you get a belt off?

For the cost of the machine, I would contact the manufacturer unless they direct you to a retailer. Not because I think that it's not OK to work on a $400 machine on your own, but because there's an awful lot out there where if you do anything, a manufacturer's official response will be that you've voided the warranty (Even if you find how the release works and lubricate something).

If they give you instruction to do it, then you have proof.

I’d definitely get in touch with the retailer you bought it from @kc1 or Robert Sorby, I have a Pro edge & haven’t encountered this problem

Can you see the mechanism or is it completely shielded even after you get a belt off?

For the cost of the machine, I would contact the manufacturer unless they direct you to a retailer. Not because I think that it's not OK to work on a $400 machine on your own, but because there's an awful lot out there where if you do anything, a manufacturer's official response will be that you've voided the warranty (Even if you find how the release works and lubricate something).

If they give you instruction to do it, then you have proof.

Thanks for the advice and concern of voiding the warranty I definitely want to avoid that, I will contact the manufacturer.

Back