Robbed Today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardwood66":20khdsem said:
I was once told its better to shout fire than help people seam to come running sorry to hear it there are some scum out there!

Russ

The thing to do in these situations if there are other people in the vicinity is to shout at the top of your voice, make the most almighty racket you can, fall to the floor and have a very noisy fit, because everyone's eyes will now be on you, the initial reaction of the offender is blind panic as he does not want to be seen followed by a rapid exit from the scene.

Andy

Really sorry to hear about it Mark. You're not having a good month!

The only consolation is that you're not hurt. And you're covered for the bike. And there's a good chance of it being spotted, and if the police do get it, they've got him, and then he's less likely to try it on someone else.

So I guess that's three things. It's still not as good as it not happening at all, but small consolation. I think you're being pretty stoic, considering.

Hang on in there.

E.

the problem with some of these suggestions about retaliation etc. is that junk can change peoples behaviour and cloud the vision, the desperation for the next fix could lead to awful consequences when challenged!

i was once stopped by two Somalians and they asked me for the time, told them I didn't know and they asked if i was sure. and could I check my phone, I was out cycling with a friend of my mothers so I called after him and they got the hint, and disappeared. but scary stuff when your 15.

on a happier note, John my Granddad tells me the RAF motto when he was in Burma was

He who expecteth nothing will not be disappointed.

:lol:

adidat

You did the right thing. you didnt know if he had a weapon or not.

A bike isnt worth your life.

Glad your OK.

Here in LA they just would of pulled a gun out and their would of been 2 or 3.

Man I hate a thief more then anything. They have no reason to live.

Getting robbed sucks! I mean heck, in broad daylight too? This guy must've had some confidence the world has never experienced. But anyway, it's great you called the police; though sorry he took your bike. ):

It's been two weeks since I was robbed now and it looks like I won't be getting my bike back. The police have officially dropped the case unless a new lead pops up. Also the home insurers say that the bike isn't covered so I'll have to buy another one. Perhaps a hybrid bike this time.

I'm sorry this didn't end with him being arrested and my bike returned, but the police did what they could with what little evidence I could give.

Mark

Eric The Viking":28ivzdhr said:
It's a serious crime: robbery with violence.

They shouldn't be walking away from it, but I appreciate how overwhelmed they are.

Sorry to hear all this.

E.

serious crime mentioned, I dialed 999 the other week and did not get an answer, I have got a letter from the chief constable of Devon although he does not apologise he says they where extremely busy when I made the 999 call and regret they were unable to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious.

When you buy your next bike ask about insurance in the bicycle shop. It is about 100 pounds for 3 years on a 500 pound bike in the Netherlands so I am sure it must be less in the UK (as bikes get stolen in the Netherlands at an alarming rate!). It is frustrating that no one seems able to do much about this kind of crime. Perhaps it is time to learn to ride a unicycle, not many people can ride them first time so it would reduce the number of possible thieves!

Back