UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
I was checking out Rob Lee's avatar and it looks to be a scrub plane -- but with a Veritas style tote. Check out the two-screw tote and Veritas' signature casting & machining. I wonder if Rob's got a scrub plane in the works? :roll:

scr3.jpg

Thanks for the link Alf! I did some hunting for the thread on my own but gave up.

Rob needs to stop coming out with all of these new planes. My wife is gonna kill me! :wink:

ydb1md":euhadxpy said:
Thanks for the link Alf! I did some hunting for the thread on my own but gave up.

Rob needs to stop coming out with all of these new planes. My wife is gonna kill me! :wink:

Sorry...

Good thing you didn't see the the avatar I use on another forum...it's another new plane :whistle: (the heavy smooth)...

Both are in production right now - and should be available in about 4 weeks. (I expect to have two new avatars before fall!)

We WILL run out of the scrub quickly. It will have an irresistable introductory price for a short while....(haven't sorted out all the details yet - really!)

Cheers -

Rob

Hopefully there will be enough in the first batch for all of us neanderthals.

Will we get the scoop on where to click first when they become available? :lol:

(I expect to have two new avatars before fall!)
Hmmm . . . could they be the cheek plane and the low angle jointer? :shock:

ydb1md":3rsppimj said:

Will we get the scoop on where to click first when they become available? :lol:

(I expect to have two new avatars before fall!)
Hmmm . . . could they be the cheek plane and the low angle jointer? :shock:

No worries there - though we will run out, we'll keep making 'em...another mill comes in next week...

Cheers -

Rob

(PS - you were 1 for two on guessing the avatars...)

Just caught this on another board . . . .

Scrub will be on sale in 4-5 weeks or so...definitely less than $90, with a HCS blade...

I've got my calendar marked :p

ydb1md":2x5003x8 said:
If there are enough for all neanderthals, only one batch will be needed at all. :wink:

Rob Lee":2x5003x8 said:
I expect to have two new avatars before fall!
Bet I can guess. Also bet I'm not allowed to guess even though my guess would still have been the same regardless of, erm, anything... :(

Cheers, Alf

I think that Alf should give us her best guess . . . . I'm sure Rob's not listening. :wink:

Rob Lee":wzzwx0tb said:
Rats.

Just in passing, you wouldn't like to try the new craze sweeping the world would you? What you do is stick your right index finger in your right ear, and your left index finger in your left ear. Got that? And then you recite the mystic chant which goes like this: "La la la la la la la la la". Continue until you reach a state of cosmic harmony. Or your fingers drop off... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Wendell":gfneto00 said:
Rob Lee":gfneto00 said:
(PS - you were 1 for two on guessing the avatars...)

I'll guess LA jointer and router plane. By the what do we win if we guess correctly? :D

Wendell

You have won the admiration of the readers of this thread.....

=D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Cheers -

Rob

Wendell":1hjjkv76 said:
I'll guess LA jointer and router plane.
That's what I was going to say - no, really. O:) The jointer was an easy call, while the increased interest in threads involving router plane useage in the latter half of last year was a bit, um, obvious... #-o

It's a variation on that old "can you keep a secret" joke really. Viz:
"Rob, can you keep a secret?"
"No"
"So can... Oh."

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back