Road Tax rates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TN
Do you not think there are enough political threads on the forum without escalating this into another one?
Just saying. :unsure:

TN
Do you not think there are enough political threads on the forum without escalating this into another one?
Just saying. :unsure:
Indeed.

My immediate reaction was "sigh". I was going to ask TN to describe the workings of a state that had no tax at all, and think a bit about who would benefit and who would not; but I suspect we'll go down a rabbit hole.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that there will be no taxes. There will always be taxes. Just pointing out the reality that taxes are extortion backed by violence. Prettify it however you want, but Might is Right and force is used to extract wealth from the weakest. Sometimes the weak rebel, and then society gets turned upside down, and then in short order you have another group of wolves shearing the sheep.

The idea of a society where the strong don't steal from the weak at every opportunity hasn't been tried since we stopped being hunter gatherers.

Nobody is agreeing or disagreeing with you TN, you're arguing with yourself but give it a rest please or start a different thread which can be put on ignore. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back