Road Markings ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
In my local village a gang of road marking people are currently marking the centre of the road in red, anyone care to explain exactly what this might be ?

According to the Highway Code website that hasn't been updated for 2005 there is no mention of this yet the same thing appeared in my local town last year but no one I speak to seems to know what it means :roll:

Intimidation to stop people overtaking? In other words...drivers will think it has the same status as a double white line?

Ah..I know. One side of the village will have a congestion charge and the other side will have a 90% rebate on the charge.

Dunno, Richard. Presumably some highways authority erk (jobsworth) has decided that red paint should be plastered along the middle of the road to keep apart traffic travelling in opposing directions. I abhor the increasing prevalence of defacing our village roads with red paint. :twisted: We have it here, too. :twisted: :twisted: It really isn't necessary for the sensible, law-abiding driver, and equally won't deter the idiots and boy racers in their souped-up 'hot hatches'.

Double white lines, sensibly, have the force of law, but is there now an offence of 'failing to comply with red paint'? :roll: :roll:

Cheers,

Trev.

They've been having fun in my kneck of the woods Trev, we've now got enormous solar powered signs that say 30 in case we didn't know, red areas marked out where pedestrians cross, anti-skid areas that are a pale brown colour, red inside white lines down the middle of the road, bollards in the middle of the road which lorries keep hitting, proposed fixed speeding cameras instead of the portable speed cameras that we currently have hidding in unmarked white vans and if that is not enough, humps in the road to slow the traffic and all because a few selfish people want to speed instead of sticking to the speed limits :roll:

Could the red paint be some sort of preparation? Perhaps the white lines will be painted on top later.

Gill

Could it be the same people that have been messing around with the BBC weather graphics???

AHAH!!!!!!!! New financial year!! They have shed loads of red paint spare.
Jobsworth says "I know, let's put some on the local roads" His area must be massive or he had many jobsworth friends all over the nation, 'cos we have it on our roads in Yorkshire too. :lol: :) :D

I recon there just spending there budget so they get there full quota next financial year. If they don't spend there budget, there next one will be reduced. There also trying to make car travel as bad as possible without being to obvious, so the car driver gets sick of all the obstacles, and uses public transport. The trouble is, there so blinking thick, they don't realise if they make public transport more reliable and reasonably priced, people would be more likely to use it, which means more profit.

In my eyes, the government are just ripping off the public at every opportunity. The problem is the public keep putting the same bloke back in, who does not seem to be a real labour person.

Unfortunately Charley has still yet to update the forum post "Forum Rules - Please read before posting" <hint, hint>, but can we remember to avoid getting into politics please, folks? Ta muchly. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1g1n9bbh said:
Unfortunately Charley has still yet to update the forum post "Forum Rules - Please read before posting" <hint, hint>, but can we remember to avoid getting into politics please, folks? Ta muchly. :D

Cheers, Alf

Actually, I don't think I've ever read them.
Slapped wrist time perhaps. :oops:

Okay, read them now.
Actually, short sweet, to the point and essentially common sense. Now if only the EU constitution could have been like that. :twisted:
(Come on Alf, he hasn't updated it yet :? )

Cheers,
Barry

With his first and last political comment.

Latest posts

Back