Ring boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graigmerched

Established Member
Reaction score
Somebody said I should keep the pictures coming so here are some of my small ring boxes. Please excuse the untidy work bench.

The second picture shows one of them open to reveal the red velvet flocking inside. This is done using suede-tex. Much nicer (In my opinion) and easier than trying to use felt pads.

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• open ring box.jpg
    open ring box.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 1,581
  • Ring boxes.jpg
    Ring boxes.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 1,581
Steve , they are really lovely . Is the flock glued in place ,and if so what glue do you use .
I really like them , they look nice and warm to me .Thats the feeling I get !!!

boysie39":1xin988f said:
Steve , they are really lovely . Is the flock glued in place ,and if so what glue do you use .

You buy the flocking material and the glue to match the colour. Dead easy to use. You can get it from turners retreat. 3 Ounces has lasted me for about 3 years so far. I might need to buy a new batch of red fairly soon. The red glue is starting to thicken up as well so might need to buy a new can of that. It's available in 16 colours in the USA but only 5 over here that I can find.

You definitely need the mini-flocker to spray the suede powder onto the glue otherwise it looks patchy.

Happy flocking if you buy some. :p

Best Regards

Steve

boysie39":2u7lcg4t said:

+1 - Very touchy-feely! =D>

The ring boxes look fantastic.

That Flocking stuff looks the business, I've never heard of it before and will definitly be giving it a go. Cheers for sharing.

Brilliant idea..!! never even crossed my mind to use something like this... #-o

I've just made 3 little ring box's, one of which will be given as a gift for a young lady at work who's getting married in the next few weeks, and at the mo i'm looking to get/make some sort of insert to hold the two rings. I'll see if i can re-size and post on a separate thread...

I take it there's no need to 'finish' the insides of the box as the glue will need some sort of 'key' to hang on to...

Nick

NikNak":17bmbo1d said:
Brilliant idea..!! never even crossed my mind to use something like this... #-o

I've just made 3 little ring box's, one of which will be given as a gift for a young lady at work who's getting married in the next few weeks, and at the mo i'm looking to get/make some sort of insert to hold the two rings. I'll see if i can re-size and post on a separate thread...

I take it there's no need to 'finish' the insides of the box as the glue will need some sort of 'key' to hang on to...

Nick

The glue is very sticky. I finish mine to 240 grit with no sealer at all.. It's also easier to maintain a clear edge when painting the glue on as well. Hope that helps. When you use it put your object in a large plastic box so you can get some oomph behind the mini flocker when you spray the stuff onto the glue. The harder it impacts on the glue the better the finish. Be careful cos it goes everywhere if you are not. When the instructiojns say leave for 16 hours it means it. Don't be tempted to touch it before that time. Experience talking here :p

Best Regards

Steve

Back