'Rich spoilt kids!'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
The definition just given by an anti campaigner against assisted suicide on when interviewed of Sky news.
Why do these wooly minded do gooders think that they have right to tell me what I may or may not do? If I could get hold of some of them suicide would be the least of their problems!
Apparently Terry Pratchett and 'another gentleman' have financed a survey on the subject, TP of course having a particular interest in the subject, unfortunately.

Roy.

I quite agree.
If I was going to end up in (for what of a better term) a completely helpless state, I'd want the option to just give up, without anyone else getting into trouble or losing any insurance payouts and so on...

cambournepete":3qqdrjnm said:
I quite agree.
If I was going to end up in (for what of a better term) a completely helpless state, I'd want the option to just give up, without anyone else getting into trouble or losing any insurance payouts and so on...
Me too. Having seen someone dying over a period of months, with all the suffering and pain involved for all concerned, I wouldn't want to go through that myself, legalities regardless.

I would have agreed as well, but I think it's important to see both sides, Baroness Campbell's argument is very strong, and she has an illness in a far worse stage than Terry Pratchetts.

doctor Bob":2enadp6y said:
I would have agreed as well, but I think it's important to see both sides, Baroness Campbell's argument is very strong,.....

How so? I have read her arguments and see little merit. She is wanting to take away my choice just like all the other anti's. If she wants to keep going for as long as she can then that's fine by me and I would not seek to prevent that. Nor should she seek to prevent my going of my own choosing.

Four words to Baroness Campbell.......MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

RogerS":1su142yc said:
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

+1
Her condition, bad though it is, is NOT the same as someone who knows they are going to die and die slowly and painfully over a period of months.
She chooses life, others have no choice in the matter, it's only a question of how much they and their relatives have to suffer before death. To have that suffering reduced should be their decision and no one elses.

My 20yr old brother's life was terminated by a hospital doctor, and I shook his hand!
We will put a suffering dog down then decide that it is morally wrong to wish for the same for ourselves.
My initial cancer diagnosis was 'a large and aggressive tumour!' Like those in a similar position I informed my family of my wishes then took steps to obtain the means for ending it all if necessary.
There was no way that I would put my family through what my parents went through!
Many people scream about their 'rights,' most of which are granted us by those more powerful than us, and often only when forced to do so. If we have any rights at all it must be that we can chose when to go at a time of our own choosing.

Roy.

Latest posts

Back