Rexon WL924A wood turning lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Dunne

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of the above lathe. My son was able to change the speeds by opening the case cover and manually pulling or pushing the belt on to the different wheels which gave the variable 4 speeds. I am wondering if this is the way to change the speeds or am I missing some more convenient machine attachment. I am new to this craft and looking forward to some creative projects on it. Help appreciated.

The set of chisels are ok but maybe blunt and limited. Any recommendations on chisels and an adaptable insert piece for holding the wood?

Respectfully
Michael Dunne

That is the standard way to change speeds by altering the ratios on the pulleys. The newest more expensive lathes are being equipped with digital induction motors that have electronic variable speed controls.

the chisels you have are probably OK and just in need of a proper sharpening. This is a topic of wide breadth on how to do it shall we say. But at the very least you need to do some research here on the site and online to see what you think will work for you.

Back