Rexon J1550BQ help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divein

Reaction score
I know that this is a long shot but I am trying to source a manual for this planer/jointer. Rexon spares have not responded to my request via their contact form nor do they answer the phone on the occasions I have rung over the past two months. If anyone is able to help I will of course reimburse costs. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help, but what are you wanting to know? most similar manuals are useless.

Thanks for replying. I wanted the manual to help with ‘fettling’ and to find out the size of the round headed Allen nuts holding the blades in place. These were well seized and made of a soft metal that rounded easily. I want to replace them with something more substantial and user friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that it would help you to be honest. the bolts will probably be standard items, presumably metric so shouldn't be too hard to identify one. "socket head cap screws" is the Ebay search term to start with. As for fettling, get it up and running, plane and thickness a couple of bits of scrap and see what issues it gives.

The manual will likely have a load of disclaimers and safety info, and little else. My Axminster one was like that and I have seen several others that are similar in details. Finally, the machine is probably the same as another range, so it is worth having a look at the other lower end machines for one that looks the same in another colour. The manual for that may be easier to locate.

Have you tried emailing them instead of using the contact form. I asked for a manual last year and got a reply the next day.

Their email is

[email protected]

Anthony

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back