Rexon Grindstone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smudger,
Do a search for "Rexon" and beech1948 for a negative but detailed view.
Tony has improved the rexon by changing the jig holding blades.

My own experience was that the standard jig was pretty useless. Probably the best use for this gadget is to flatten the backs of blades but to use some other method to produce bevels.
regards
alan

beech1948":1ed75k4s said:
My own experience was that the standard jig was pretty useless. Probably the best use for this gadget is to flatten the backs of blades but to use some other method to produce bevels.
regards
alan

I do agree with this point as the jig is not made to hold tools, it is designed to hold planer knives - however, i never bought it to grind bevels on tools, only to flatten.

If you are looking to sharpen tools, then I would forget powered means and go for stones of some sort (waterstones for me)

OK - you've made my mind up - I'll save the money for the time being and use the 24" wheel at school (made 1957 and still on the original stone) and oilstones for honing.

Thanks, Brad. I'll go as above.

At £90 you are more than half way to the cost of the smaller Tormek, if you want to get into powered sharpening. On the other hand, I use a cheap (£10), high speed grinder to re-grind primary bevels (not needed often) and water stones for honing.

George_N":vry1rfmr said:
At £90 you are more than half way to the cost of the smaller Tormek
...and most of the way to the cost of the Sheppach clone of the baby Tormek.

I guess you could use the Screwfix voucher to get £20 off the Rexon, though.

Cheers,
Neil

Back