Rexon Bandsaw BS-10SA or BS-10KA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear knowledgeable forumers

I have been looking for a bandsaw for a little while, just to try one, and see if I would really get the use out of it.
(I admit to having in the past bought some tools and only used them a handful of times)

I'm on a limited budget for this first foray, and occasionally come across Rexon BS-10 machines for sub £100.

What I can't find anywhere is what the difference is (If any) between the BS-10SA and the BS-10KA.
The model numbers appear to be used interchangeably for blades etc.

Does anyone know the differences please?.

Thanks

The bs10-sa has a 520w motor and blade speed is 760m/min.
The bs10-ka has a 550w motor and by changing belt/wheel positions has 2 speeds. 230 and 760m/min

I have the Ka version and got a pdf manual from rexon. I can send it to you if you pm me your email addy.

Anthony

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Demusss":2o9n3yn9 said:
The bs10-sa has a 520w motor and blade speed is 760m/min.
The bs10-ka has a 550w motor and by changing belt/wheel positions has 2 speeds. 230 and 760m/min

I have the Ka version and got a pdf manual from rexon. I can send it to you if you pm me your email addy.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony, that's really helpful.
Are there any known weak spots as far as you know? I've seen the posts that suggest buying new - but these seem to have a rasonable reputation from what little I can find on them.

I'm looking at the Ka this evening - I'll PM you now.

Marcus.

An update:

I went to see this, and it was in remarkably good condition. It had the original adjustment keys that sit in a slot on the back of the case, and seemed to have been well looked after, so Ipurchased it.

Yippee - I now had a bandsaw.

Got it home, quick check over before trying to cut anything - then fired it up.

Tried my first cut - instantly REALLY BAD drift :cry:

Unphased - immediately referred to Alex Snodgrass youtube on how to tune it.... and it was still not great.
The tyres were a little worn, so two of those went on order.
The guides had been replaced with bits of hardwood - so 4 of those as well.....
Costs had started to add up already, and I kept having echos in my head of 'Buy cheap, buy twice', 'Buying someone elses problem', 'No warranty'...

I am however pleased to report, that after putting on the two new tyres, new blade guides, new blade (That came with it)and setting up the table and fence to run in line with the blade, it cuts really rather straight and well.

It certainly isn't a Startrite, or Record Power, but at only £110 all sorted, it'll do for me to try out, and I certainly feel I know how it all goes together now.. :)

Good to hear you got it sorted.

Which blade guides did you get? I've still got the original ones in mine.
I did have to change the thrust bearings. They are standard sizes so was only a couple of quid of couple of quid.
Used mine the other day for resawing some walnut and maple for the first time. Surprised how easy it was and how well it came out.

Thanks. The guides were just the standard black plastic looking blocks from Rexonspares. I was relieved they were available, as the saw is far from new £8 for the set didn't seem too bad, given I hope to replace them infrequently.

Latest posts

Back