Review of the Wolverine Sharpening System from OneWay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

A review of the Wolverine Sharpening System from OneWay in Canada has just been added to the Review pages on the Creative Woodturning web site.

I have been using this system for a few months now and found it to be easy to use and probably the most complete sharpening kit I've ever used.

Regards....Mike

The Wolverine Sharpening System from OneWay in Canada.

Looks great Mike, what does it cost there website points to Sheddirect who for some reason dont't list it?

Tony

Hello Tony,

Although The Shed Direct are listed by OneWay as their UK stockist they do not stock the Wolverine due to a conflict of interest. The Shed is owned by Brimarc who, I believe hold the sole European rights to the complete Tormek system.

I know the Wolverine system is available at Craft Supplies in Millers Dale, I have a catalogue somewhere so I'll check the prices ang get back to you.

Regards....Mike

Got it Mike, basic kit is 74.50 the complete kit is £149.50

Does the basic kit do Skews, Scrapers etc and you need the attachment for Gouges. I ask because i already have the Sorby Jig for Gouges?

Many Thanks

Tony

Hello Tony,

The basic kit does most of the gouges, scrapers and chisels but you would need the Vari-Grind for fingernails swept back and celtics.

The skew was originally done with the basic kit but OneWay developed their new attachment to improve the way it's sharpened. I don't think this is currently available in UK, the kit I had came direct from the factory in Canada.

Regards....Mike

I bought a Wolverine Jig when I was a complete beginner, and it has served all of my sharpening needs ever since.

I use if for all of my tools except for the skew chisels, which I sharpen on a diamond stone.

I would heartily recomend the Wolverine to anyone looking for a grinding jig.

Regards

Gary

Latest posts

Back